The Student News Site of South Dade High School

The Current

The Current

The Current

Faddis’ Fall Favorites

In other places of the world, the fall season is marked by cooler weather, changing trees, and earlier evenings. However, in Florida, that is not always the case. I like to pretend, though, to experience the season by changing my daily routines, just slightly. This fall season, here are some of my favorite things.

1. Spotify

Like many other music lovers, Spotify Wrapped is one of the many highlights to anticipate at the end of the year. As November 1st approaches, which is the end of Spotify’s counting time, I am very meticulous and precise with the music I choose to listen to, building up my minutes to produce my best Wrapped yet. I have a strict “No Christmas Music” rule, which is officially dissolved on November 1st, ensuring no Christmas music on my wrapped (which has happened before). My prediction is that this year, Taylor Swift will top my charts, as Speak Now Taylor’s Version took over my life for weeks after it came out.

1. Monster Energy

Anyone who knows me knows that my Monster obsession branches out way past the fall season, but this fall season is different. This fall is application season. The countless tireless nights spent stressing over applications I’ve already submitted, and the ones I still have left, leave almost no room for anything other than stress and anxiety, which do not go well with sleep. What does go well with that no-sleep theme is a nice cold can of Monster Energy Zero Ultra.

1. Duolingo

Even though it is not a game, completing a lesson on Duolingo feels just like one. Even though I am Mexican, I can probably only understand around 30% of what people say when they speak spanish, and I can speak and write even less. I had a serious Duolingo obsession in middle school, and I think it’s coming back. It also has been helping me study for my CLEP exam which I have to schedule and take to get accepted to colleges, wish me luck.

1. Heated Blankets

As a Florida kid, I have been feeling the cold front that came a few days ago. Even though it barely touched 70 degrees, I’ve slept with my mom’s heated blanket every night since. It makes it infinitely harder to get out of my bed in the morning, but I’ve been waking up extra early to have some time to just stay in bed.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Current
$220
$400
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of South Dade High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs, purchase new equipment and attend workshops and competitions.